Monday, March 9, 2020

Paper Cherries Design Team Project Share

February Design Team Creations

For the month of February the Paper Cherries collection was themed BIRTHDAY BASH, I was able to create multiple crafts with the kit. It contained a fun collection of embellishments that were very easy to work with. The kit contained a spool of sliver thread, 3 different colored tassels, purple iridescent washi tape, clear glittered gem stones, and a sequins mix. (My apologies for the instagram photos)


For the first project I put together a matching set of birthday card and mini gift bag. Using a variety of birthday themed printed scrapbook papers I ensembled the layout as you see in the images below, I used the mini tassels to create a little banner for the bag. The card includes a shaker shape using the sequins and I also added a tassel to the circle die cut I used for the background on the cupcake sticker.







The next project was a embellishment box filled with lots of goodies! I created this one using a dollar tree Hardware Storage Case, it was smaller in size but it worked well. Using all of the kit in this one, I cut down a birthday themed scrapbook paper and turned it into a sequin shaker style. I then began to embellish by using some cut apart tags from a crate paper collection, added trims, also cut out balloons from the matching papers. I did use a wooden cupcake tag that I covered up with cupcake printed paper added the clear glittered gem dot on top and as you can see I also placed a chipboard heart above it. I cut out a triangle for the shape of a party hat and embellished that with trims. I used the purple iridescent washi tape on a white piece of paper and used a bow die to create the mini bow. I added a little chipboard heart and a star gem stone. The tassels were added to the cut apart tags, which I also included a little sequin star charm to it as well. (Lots of stickers and other fun goodies were used as well).

Since I do a little bit of memory keeping with my kiddo's photos, I went on to create a pocket page layout using more of the pieces from the kit. My daughter's 3rd birthday had us photographing her quite a bit, this one in the image is of her in her new pajamas she was very happy to get.  I made a sequin pocket using my wrmk fuse tool, added the sequins from the kit and a happy sticker I had in my stash. The next pocket I used a journaling card, added some Hooray collection paper from crate paper and also a heart from another one of their lines, but I went on to embellish it more myself with the silver thread, a iridescent heart sticker and a tassel to finish it off. The next journal card was just embellished with a scrap of paper, the washi tape and a sticker from Shimelle's sticker book.


To grab a kit for yourself just head over to the link below and buy the month kit or do a yearly month to month subscription. Also you can follow on Instagram @paper.cherries for more ideas from the other design team members!
 https://papercherries.squarespace.com/news

No comments: